TAG You're It! - Yearlong Parent Engagement Initiative - Grades K - 5
Yearlong Parent Engagement Initiative
The TAG You're It! kits allow schools to easily keep parents engaged in their child's literacy development all year long. Throughout the year, teachers choose a fiction or informational text TAG You're It! card to send home to parents that correlates with classroom instruction. Families then incorporate the parent-friendly literacy strategy described on the TAG card into nightly reading practice at home.
- Easily incorporates into classroom assigned nightly reading
- Allows for differentiated instruction on parent level
- Does not require parent to have read the book
- Develops “close reading”
- Gives parent-friendly definitions of all educational terms
- Allows schools to have on-going contact to the homes throughout the year versus one time event
- Doesn’t require parent to come to school
- TAG You're It! Program CD Kick-Off Video
- Classroom Set of Literacy TAG cards in English and Spanish (25 sets of 8)
- Classroom Set of Header TAG cards in English and Spanish (1 set of 25)
- Yearlong Reminder Blurbs to use on newsletters, emails, social media, automated phone systems, etc.
- 25 Loose Leaf Metal Rings