Every Child Can Fly: An Early Childhood Educator's Guide to Inclusion
Every child belongs. Every child is unique. Every child has strengths. Every child has the potential to fly.
Inclusion benefits all children! Inclusion—perhaps you believe it is complicated, time-consuming, and expensive. Not true! Jani Kozlowski, experienced trainer and technical-assistance provider on inclusion and disability services, dispels the myths and shows that implementing high-quality inclusive practices in your program is easier than you think!
Throughout Every Child Can Fly, Kozlowski explores the defining features of high-quality inclusion and shows readers how to provide access and support for children with disabilities. Learn how to help them feel included through strong family involvement, peer relationships, individualized teaching practices, collaborative teaming, ongoing evaluation, and staff professional development.
- Learn why inclusion is important
- Unravel the jargon and acronyms
- Understand screening, assessment, and referrals
- Learn how to support children in achieving individualized learning goals
- Explore inclusive evidence-based teaching practices
- Discover how to foster a sense of belonging and acceptance in your program
Paperback, 272 pages