Nemours® Reading BrightStart! Complete Program for Early Literacy Success: Level 1 Lesson Plans
An essential component of the Nemours® Reading BrightStart! Program for Early Literacy Success, lesson plans include a variety of components, including Learning Objectives, Read Aloud, Teacher-Directed Practice, Family Connections, Reproducibles, and much more!
This kit includes:
- 20 scripted lesson plans
- Related materials necessary to complete each lesson
- Learning Objectives tied to state and national standards.
- Observation Sheets to record each child’s progress -- available online
- Family Connection strategies to keep families informed about their child's progress, also available in Spanish
- A Teacher’s Guide that offers in-depth instruction for how to use the curriculum
- Technical Manual with research data and RTI supports -- available online
In this free webinar, Nemours instructional designer Vera Meyerholtz presents "Growing Happy Readers: Ensuring Long-Term Success with Effective Instructional Practices." Watch and join our Classroom Management for Early Learning community for a free CE certificate.
Nemours BrightStart! Level 1
This training discusses the essential components of Nemours BrightStart! The Complete Program for Early Literacy Success: Level One and the developmentally appropriate instructional practices that are embedded within. During this training, participants will:
- Become familiar with critical skills of early literacy (Print Awareness, Letter Knowledge, Oral Language, Phonological Awareness, and Emergent Writing)
- Receive training on explicit, systematic, and multisensory instruction
- Learn how to move diverse young learners toward reading readiness
The participant will…
- Describe the role of the Nemours BrightStart! Program within a comprehensive classroom curriculum
- Discuss the impact of explicit, systematic and multisensory instruction
- Demonstrate fidelity through practice with the program materials
- Differentiate program instruction by implementing specifically designed “Adaptive” and “Accelerated” strategies
For more information on this or other KAPLAN professional development options, please contact us at 800.334.2014, ext 3252 or [email protected].