Nature to Play™ Mini Spool
Nature to Play™
3 years & up. Encourage children to use their imaginations and play in creative, open-ended ways with the Mini Spool. Use the Mini Spool as a table, stool, or turn it on its side and roll it around the yard during gross-motor activities. Made from thermally modified wood by Thermory® that has been coated with a weather-resistant finish, the Mini Spool is built to withstand continued outdoor use and rough play.
Measures 15"H x 15"W x 15"L
- Made from thermally modified wood, naturally enhanced by Thermory® to be weather-resistant and durable for long-term outdoor use
- Features weather-resistant stainless-steel hardware
- Sealed with a specially formulated, weather-resistant finish making the Mini Spool ready for year-round outdoor play
- Solid, heavy-duty construction withstands rough daily play and unpredictable outdoor elements
- Open-ended design inspires creativity during dramatic play
- Mini Spool can be used as a table, stool or turned on its side for gross-motor activities
- 5 year warranty
- Meets or exceeds ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) standards
Nature to Play products feature a sturdy, reliable construction of thermally modified wood by Thermory®, UV-resistant plastics, and weather-resistant stainless steel hardware.
Benefits of Thermory®
- ZERO chemicals
- Consistent color
- 100% recyclable
- Weather resistant
- Smooth milling
- Less splintering / twisting / cracking
Thermally modified wood naturally ages to a platinum gray over time. The durability of Nature to Play™ products is not affected by the color changes. To maintain or restore the original color tones, apply a teak oil or lightly sand the wood.
The Nature to Play™ Collection
The Nature to Play collection by Rusty Keeler speaks the playful language of childhood while encouraging children to engage with nature. Bring the early childhood environment outdoors where children will explore with all of their senses and can incorporate loose parts and natural elements into playtime. Thanks to the open-ended essence of the Nature to Play collection, children can initiate their own learning experiences and engage in physical activity that is good for their minds, bodies and spirits. The weather-resistant furniture in the Nature to Play line, made from thermally modified wood by Thermory, stands up to rough-and-tumble fun and unpredictable outdoor elements, growing with children as they develop.
Throughout his 28 years of experience, Rusty Keeler has worked with hundreds of communities, schools, parks, universities, and childcare leaders to dream, design, and construct beautiful outdoor environments for children. As an author, a frequent keynote speaker and presenter at conferences and colleges worldwide, and a pioneer in the movement to reconnect children to nature, Rusty believes that every child deserves the opportunity to play freely. With his latest outdoor furniture collection, Rusty has designed a line that speaks the playful language of childhood. Children can get messy, learn and grow in an authentic, muddy environment that is built to last.