Back to Back Learning Kit - Patterns
3 years & up. The ability to recognize and extend a repeating pattern is important for math, but also crucial for early reading (think of spelling patterns!). With this kit and the related activities, your child will learn to identify, create, and extend patterns. These skills lay important foundations for school readiness. Includes hands-on manipulatives, books, and a selection of related activities to optimize the learning experience. Supports parent involvement and early learning through a variety of interactive and engaging activities. An ideal way for teachers and families to enrich children's learning experiences together -- back to back! Each kit includes a clear vinyl backpack and bilingual activity card(s).
- Bravo, Albert! and ¡Bravo, Alberto! Paperback Books – each read-aloud book focuses on a single, basic math concept and features adorable mice, Albert and Wanda, who learn about numbers, shapes, sizes and more (English version and Spanish version are both included)
- Papa Bear Counters – set of 30 colorful counters, great for learning patterns and counting
- Pattern Puzzle Game - children learn patterning by putting together puzzles
- Bilingual Activity Card(s)
- Clear Backpack features two pockets with zippered closures and adjustable shoulder straps
*Note: Components may change occasionally due to availability. We will only substitute components with developmentally appropriate items that serve the same purpose.
Read these Insights and Inspirations articles for a variety of tips and resources you can use to encourage family engagement.