Manimo® Weighted Animals
Manimo® weighted plush animals provide children with sensory stimulation and soothing effects
3 years & up. These plush companions were designed to help children remain attentive and focused during their daily activities. Alleviating excess energy while providing deep pressure sensations. The weighted animals are soft and pliable and can be placed either on the child’s shoulders, waist, thighs or stomach to stimulate rest and/or concentration. Recommended usage time is 15-20-minutes, preferably under adult supervision.
- Frog weighs 5.5 lbs.
- Blue Snake weighs 2.2 lbs.
- Silver Snake weighs 3.3 lbs.
- Purple Dolphin weighs 4.4 lbs.
- Blue Dolphin weighs 2 lbs.
- Lizard weighs 4.5 lbs.
Manimo® weighted animals are a sensory tool that benefit all children, but especially those with ADD, ADHD, ASD, anxiety or other disorders. Their benefits include:
- Bringing children comfort
- Helping children pay attention and focus
- Calming excess energy
- Being invaluable helpers for parents (and all who work with children)
These lovable companions are a comfort to children both in times of stress and when relaxing. They can be used at all times and in almost all places:
- At home (naptime, homework, bedtime, to settle down)
- At school (to relax and concentrate)
- Before or during a school or after-school activity (ease anxiety before or during class)
- Before or during an outing, family activity or appointment (non-recurring anxiety-inducing event)
Early childhood professionals, parents and teachers have long requested such a tool. Children with a learning difficulty or behavioral problem have to “get centered” to do their best. The animal’s weight helps by:
- Giving the child better spatial awareness
- Calming the nervous system
- Regulates behavior and emotions
- Makes it easier to concentrate
Suggested uses for the manimo® weighted animals:
- Reduce motor restlessness and increase concentration in class. For example: Place the manimo® on the shoulders while reading a story (20 minutes)
- Optimize concentration during homework. For example: Place the manimo® on the lap when sitting at a table to work.
- Provide relaxation and rest at bedtime. For example: Place the manimo® on the back or chest while lying down during song or story time. Remove it when the child is asleep.