Nature to Play™ Mud Kitchen
Nature to Play™
3 years & up. Bake a mud pie, mix up some leaf soup, and inspire growing imaginations with this sturdy Mud Kitchen. Use the Mud Kitchen’s large work surface and sink with removable plug to incorporate messy materials such as mud, sand, and water into collaborative outdoor play. Store mud tools, buckets, and Nature to Play™ Crates on the convenient accessory shelf and spacious bottom shelf. Complete with a weather-resistant finish and made from weather-resistant, thermally modified wood by Thermory®, the Mud Kitchen is optimal for rugged, outdoor use.
Product ships in 2 boxes. Some assembly required; hardware included. Assembly difficulty level: Easy. Estimated Assembly time: Less than 1 hour.
Measures 22.5"H x 22"W x 51"L
- Made from thermally modified wood, naturally enhanced by Thermory® to be weather-resistant and durable for long-term outdoor use
- Features UV-resistant plastics and weather-resistant stainless steel hardware
- Sealed with a specially formulated, weather-resistant finish making the Mud Kitchen ready for year-round outdoor play
- Solid, heavy-duty construction withstands rough daily play and unpredictable outdoor elements
- Large work surface provides ample room for social interaction during collaborative projects
- Durable, built-in sink with removable plug encourages dramatic and water-based play
- Accessory shelf is useful for storing mud tools and buckets
- Bottom shelf fits two Nature to Play™ Crates
- 5 year warranty
- Meets or exceeds ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) standards
Nature to Play products feature a sturdy, reliable construction of thermally modified wood by Thermory®, UV-resistant plastics, and weather-resistant stainless steel hardware.
Benefits of Thermory®
- ZERO chemicals
- Consistent color
- 100% recyclable
- Weather resistant
- Smooth milling
- Less splintering / twisting / cracking
Thermally modified wood naturally ages to a platinum gray over time. The durability of Nature to Play™ products is not affected by the color changes. To maintain or restore the original color tones, apply a teak oil or lightly sand the wood.
The Nature to Play™ Collection
The Nature to Play collection by Rusty Keeler speaks the playful language of childhood while encouraging children to engage with nature. Bring the early childhood environment outdoors where children will explore with all of their senses and can incorporate loose parts and natural elements into playtime. Thanks to the open-ended essence of the Nature to Play collection, children can initiate their own learning experiences and engage in physical activity that is good for their minds, bodies and spirits. The weather-resistant furniture in the Nature to Play line, made from thermally modified wood by Thermory, stands up to rough-and-tumble fun and unpredictable outdoor elements, growing with children as they develop.
Throughout his 28 years of experience, Rusty Keeler has worked with hundreds of communities, schools, parks, universities, and childcare leaders to dream, design, and construct beautiful outdoor environments for children. As an author, a frequent keynote speaker and presenter at conferences and colleges worldwide, and a pioneer in the movement to reconnect children to nature, Rusty believes that every child deserves the opportunity to play freely. With his latest outdoor furniture collection, Rusty has designed a line that speaks the playful language of childhood. Children can get messy, learn and grow in an authentic, muddy environment that is built to last.
Truck Charges and Information
All orders with a truck item will be charged at the truck rate. Please allow 4 to 8 business days for truck delivery. Orders designated for truck delivery are not eligible for expedited shipping (Next Day or 2nd Day Air) or for delivery to PO Boxes or APO/FPO addresses. Here's some important information you need to know if your order is shipping via truck:
- Someone must be present to receive your shipment. The trucking company will not deliver the shipment without a signature.
- Trucking companies usually call before attempting delivery. That's why we ask for your phone number when you place an order. We won't share it with anyone other than those responsible for handling your order.
- Be prepared to help unload your order from the truck when it arrives. Although most drivers are really nice people, their union contracts often do not require them to help you unload the truck. If you think you will need help, arrange for it in advance.
- The boxes may be a little beat up with they arrive. Don't be alarmed! Just because the carton is damaged, it doesn't mean that the product has been harmed. However, if it looks like any of the contents may be damaged, make a note of it on the delivery receipt before you sign it.
- Count the boxes before you sign the delivery receipt. If any of the cartons are missing, make a note of it on the delivery receipt before you sign it.