Shine-2 Tablet Solution
Our New Tablet is Powerful, Flexible, and Sleek!
Touch the screen or use the stylus. Reverse the screen for even more mobility. Detach screen to use as a tablet. Includes keyboard, stylus, additional integrated battery, and Kaplan-Exclusive Shine 2 Software!
Ruggedized Features and Ultra-Mobility:
- IP51 certified and designed to withstand a drop of 28 inches
- Water-and-dust resistant keyboard is ideal for students and teachers
- Textured exterior, reinforced corners, and shock absorbent frame offer protection from dents, scratches, and drops
- Built-in carrying handle for easy transport
Stylus, Touchpad and Inputs:
- Features attached stylus with pen-like grip
- Inputs include a USB 3.0 port, microSD, audio mic combo jack, and microHDMI
- Tablet disconnects with the push of a button
Modern Interface Keeps You Up to Date:
- 10” 1366 X 768 LCD 5-point touch screen
- Microsoft 8.1, Complete Shine-2 Software, Art Rage, and more
- 64 GB storage
- Battery life up to 8 hours or 10+ when docked to keyboard
- Camera – 1.26MP front and 5MP rear
- Snap on 30X magnification lens
- Temperature sensor probe
About The 9 Explorations:
- Literacy Bubbles: Literacy Bubbles helps children learn and explore letter recognition, letter sounds, and other early literacy concepts. Once children start adding letters and objects to a bubble, each object they put in the bubble must start with the same letter. This task encourages children to work together to find and sort through the letters and objects in order to group them appropriately. Literacy Bubbles also allows teachers to customize the activity for individualized learning by displaying certain letters.
- Math Bubbles: This exploration activity helps children develop early mathematical skills and learn a variety of math concepts, such as counting, classifying, sorting, grouping, adding, subtracting, dividing, and counting currency. The open-ended exploration featured on Math Bubbles engages students by allowing them to drag and place an assortment of animals and numbers into bubbles. Students must also discover how to make new bubbles and then learn how to join, separate, or pop bubbles. Teachers can also control the content and exploration difficulty.
- What's Inside Animals: Developed in conjunction with Roylco, children can pretend they are archaeologists with this fun scientific exploration activity. What's Inside Animals helps children learn about the anatomy of a variety of animals by having children paint over animal X-rays with their fingers to uncover the animal's exterior or they can choose to paint away the exterior to reveal the animal's inner anatomy. Students are also able to switch the animals they are painting.
- What's Inside Insects: Developed in conjunction with Roylco, children can become entomologists as they discover what the inside of an insect looks like with this exploration activity. Students can discover insects by painting over various insect X-rays with their fingers to reveal the outside of the insect. The exploration can also be flipped to allow students to uncover the inner anatomy of the insect by painting away the exterior. Students can pick different insects to learn about and paint.
- Insect Creator: Insect Creator engages students by helping them learn about insects and their defining features while also creating them on screen. A variety of insect parts, such as thoraxes, wings, abdomens, and legs, will appear on the screen. Students can then use their combined efforts to piece together animated insects that accurately represent real-life insects. The animated insects will also crawl around the screen once they are pieced together for a fun effect.
- Puzzle: Teachers can create fun puzzles from any picture or short video for the students in their class to put together. This explorations activity would be great for classroom scavenger hunts, reviewing field trips, or family engagement and would also be a creative way to extend what children are learning into a fun-filled group activity. The teacher has the ability to add or delete media for puzzles and allows them to adjust the number of puzzle pieces and puzzle difficulty level.
- Sequence Strings: Sequence Strings combines music and math to create a fun learning activity for children. Students can use this exploration activity to help them learn how numbers work and how to sequence numbers from 1-1000. Teachers can control the range of numbers to help children learn to count higher and can also set intervals for skip counting, which gives lesson plans and activities a versatility that will help keep children engaged in what they are learning.
- Math Sentences: Playing alone or with a friend, students practice math fluency by creating math sentences in Free Play, Longest Answer, and Fastest Answer modes. Teachers can control the range of solutions as well as the mathematical functions being practiced. Perfect for learning early math concepts and advanced learners!
- Group Bubbles: Preloaded with four Content Packs, students can sort between animals, colors, emotions, and shapes… and that is just the beginning! Group Bubbles allows Teachers access to word lists and images to customize their Group Bubbles learning experience.